Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's in your pants?

Okay, so I'm feeding Sarah before bed tonight and all is well. Talking to Derek relaxing to the sound of Children Sleeping. I get up to lay Sarah down and OUCH!!!!! I feel this pinch and then a burning sensation or rather stinging sensation. So I start to itch my leg but man it's really beginning to hurt. What is going on.....So I take of my comfy loose fitting summer pants to take a look at my thigh. I see a red dot like a bug bite so as I'm talking to Derek about the spot on my leg I decide to look in my pants. This picture is what I find.....A BEE!!!!!! It stung me. The crazy part....we had been inide for at least 2 hours before I got stung, so that bee was just hanging out in my pants. Derek would call this an Amanda-ism. Something like this would only happen to me. So if you can learn anything from this it would be to always check your pants for bees:) FYI, I flushed the bee.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Before my parents joined the Church, my mom was in downtown New Orleans with my sister (as a baby) and my bros. ( I guess... I hope I am getting this right). Anyway, a bee flew up her pant leg as she was loading kids in the car and stinging her like crazy and she ripped her pants off right there on the street/sidewalk. haha. Not fun. I can't believe your bee was friendly enough to give you some quiet time with Children Sleeping. Nice bee. I'll have to add Amanda-isms to my personal dictionary. :)

Derek and Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Amanda!
It's Jake & Wendy Lowry dropping in to say hi. We were just thinking I about you guys and the last time we all went to Disneyland together and how long it's been since we've heard from you, wondering if you had a blog and here we are! What a fun way to stay connected between long work days and different time zones, we miss you guys. My blog is private but if you give me your email address, I'll invite you right away. Hope to hear from you soon.