Well....after 7 great ears in IN we are making the trek west! Not because we feel like trying out the pioneer life but because Derek got a job in Idaho. We have had a crazy 7 months or so. But with blessings out weighing the burdens we have made it through this chapter.
Derek was a wonderful stay at home Dad while I took a job as assisting the Marketing Director at one of our local Chick-fil-A restaurants. It was a challenge for me being away from my domain. As I told some with the loss of Derek's job, came the loss of the job I held for 12 years. With that said I will say I couldn't have chosen a better place to work. I was not only blessed with the job, but I was blessed with a great employer who was understanding enough to hire me knowing I would quit when Derek found work. He was also just a great person. I also really liked my co-workers. Who can say that? In spite of normal frustration that comes from a job, I laughed a lot at work. Often times it was at myself. I learned it's not easy to feel the responsibility of providing for a family. And It is possible to be exausted after a slow days work. I never understood that before.
During my work days, Derek gained a much greater appreciation for life as a stay at home parent. He will never ask "what did you do all day?" or say "it can't be that hard" or "I have to babysit my kids." The last is my biggest pet peeve.....DADS DO NOT BABYSIT THERE ON CHILDREN!!!! (FYI Derek never says that.) Derek also realized that he wanted to be home more. He really enjoyed being here everyday to get kids down for a nap or off the bus or helping them with homework. Derek is a great house keeper and thank the almighty a great cook! All of this gave Derek the courage to step outside the box and look into something different for his employment. Sales still, but not the high pressure publicly traded you better hit your numbers or we'll starve sales. The 9 to 5 I'll be home more and get to see my family more kind of sales. For this, I am truly grateful!
As we close the IN year chapter, we get to open a new one in a brand new place with brand new adventures. But I will miss IN. It has been good to my family. We have been blessed with friends and neighbors I consider family. We have grown by 2 kids and about 10 pounds:) We have become better people.
So soon we will bid farewell to our beloved IN. I will never forget this place or anyone we had the chance to know because of it.
The best part about the move...I get my job back :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment