Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Blessings that never end......
So I just have to say that the other day while doing some dishes and while using my dish soap I felt a sense of gratitude. Now why would I feel gratitude while doing dishes you ask? Maybe it's because I am grateful for dishes or that I have a dishwasher. Maybe it's because I'm grateful for the time when I can say "sorry my hands are dirty...go ask your dad for help." Or maybe it's because I really love doing dishes......ya, that's not it! But really why I'm grateful is because I have been using the same bottle of dish soap for 3 years. It is a huge bottle! The soap is a reminder of the generosity of amazing people who gave my family some things of necessity when my husband was out of work. We came home one evening to find the kitchen FULL of household items. Toilet paper, paper towels, real towels, body soap, food, cleaners and even dish soap. We are still reaping the rewards of that most gracious blessing by some wonderful and yet unknown friends. I won't ever forget that surprise and I won't ever forget what a blessing it has been and still is for my family. You know the amount of toilet paper we got lasted for a year! We are a big family, we go through a lot of tp. The paper towels about a year and half. Anyway, I'm just grateful I can think back and reflect on how amazing and good people are. How great it is to know that someone is always there even if they can't be seen. To know that some one loves me and my family enough to sacrifice a little of themselves to help when we need/needed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
grateful posts like this are so great. thank you for sharing! we had something similar happen a few years back when we were in a jam and it's just such a blessing to have people around who have your back.
Wow, how neat. I just look at my dish soap bottle with nothing but disdain...I put it in an oil bottle to look all sophisticated like Angela's and it keeps getting clogged and I have to take the whole thing apart every time. I need to get a new container and just be more grateful like you ;)
Post a Comment