What do you think is real friendship? I think it's when you can completely be yourself with someone. When they know your faults and love you anyway and when they know your talents and encourage you to share them. They see your capabilities and tell you to "go for it" and become better at something you may have been not so sure about. I also think it's when you don't have to be with or talk to them everyday but you know who you can call when you need help or just a night out. No matter how terrible you are at calling them back or keeping in touch, they keep trying and don't fault you for it. I hope I'm that friend......I worry I'm not. I need to do better. Do people feel like they can count on me in a time of need or loneliness? Do they want me to be with them when they need a night out. Do I make myself available?
I've had the opportunity to move a lot in my almost 16 years of marriage. I have been able to keep in touch with friends from childhood and with each move make at least one friend who I know was meant to be a person in my life. Kindred spirits really. How grateful I am for the friend who is loyal to a fault and the friend who is always honest with me. The one who makes me laugh every time we talk and the one who lets me cry if I need to. The one who when I get the chance to see it seems time hasn't passed. The one who will sit and fold laundry with me and the one who doesn't judge my pop addiction :) The one I can call when I'm in a pickle and the one I can call for a midnight run to Walmart.
One of my favorite quotes is "Family are the friends you choose to keep." I'm grateful for the family I have all over this world. I hope that I can be the kind of friend that I have been so richly blessed to have in my life.
Ok, enough with the heavy......guess what I did do for a friend? Let her practice how to draw blood!
That's a good start right?


1 comment:
YOU are freakin' awesome!!!! Thanks for being such a willing participant!!
Post a Comment